It’s like I’m driving around looking for a parking space, and there aren’t many, but there are some. And sometimes I see one and I think “I should park there” and I move to park, but the car just keeps driving on and doesn’t turn. It won’t turn where I need it to, and it won’t stop, but it’s also not going very fast and it’s not on a road that would head anywhere else.
The top 20 most played songs in my iTunes are
- No Way - Darren Criss, Lauren Lopez, Joey Richter & Bonnie Gruesen - A Very Potter Sequel
- Forever Yours - Alex Day - Forever Yours
- The Bravest Man I Ever Knew - Ministry Of Magic - Goodbye Privet Drive
- Infatuation - Prozzak - Saturday People
- Nothing Matters When We’re Dancing - The Magnetic Fields - Nothing Matters When We’re Dancing
- Band Aid Covers the Bullet Hole - Scarling - Band Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
- Anemones - Half Acre Day - Fourteen Trips Around the Sun
- Love Today - Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion
- Existentialism on Prom Night - Straylight Run - Straylight Run
- Wicked Little Town (Tommy Gnosis Version) - Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Science Is Real - They Might Be Giants - Here Comes Science
- King of Anything - Sara Bareilles - King of Anything
- God knows… - Hirano Aya - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
- Mademoiselle Juliette - Alizée - Psychédélices
- Wizard Love (feat. Heyhihello) - Meekakitty - Wizard Love
- Not Like the Movies - Half Acre Day - Fourteen Trips Around the Sun
- Heavy Cross - Gossip - Music for Men (Deluxe Version)
- Double Rainbow Song (feat. Yosemitebear) - The Gregory Brothers - Double Rainbow Song
- How Can I Sing Like A Girl? - They Might Be Giants - Dial-A-Song: 20 Years of They Might Be Giants [Disc 2]
- Candy from Heaven - Half Acre Day - Half Acre Day
So that’s two Wizard Rock songs and one from a Harry Potter musical. One from a viral video and one from a prominent YouTube video blogger. One from an anime, one in French. Two from They Might Be Giants (one of these from a children’s album). One from a cult movie that explores gender. And three from Half Acre Day, an indie band from Seattle that I have been trying unsuccessfully to get anyone besides myself to listen to for like seven years now.
What we learn from this list:
- good god I am a nerd
- Did I really listen to the Double Rainbow song that many times? God, that’s embarrassing.
- I am not hardcore.
- I am not punk.
- I’m also not country.
- WHO AM I?!?
- I’m kind of indie? But not in a cool edgy way. Not like what people mean when they say indie.
- I JUST REALLY LOVE HARRY POTTER, OKAY.
- I spend far too much time on the internet
- ETA: AND APPARENTLY I NEED TO LEARN TO HATE SYNTH. I don’t hate synth? I also need to learn to hate autotune, but I guess I just EMBRACE THE AUTOTUNE. WHATEVER. I DO WHAT I LIKE.
It seems that the pictures of Martin Freeman’s and Amanda Abbington’s children taken on the Sherlock set in the last year are still making their rounds on tumblr.
The last time I saw them on my dash, they had over 2500 notes.
- Amanda Abbington herself has asked people not to reblog, repost or distribute those pictures. It’s invasive to her family’s privacy - please respect that.
- Reblogging those pictures is also illegal - you may not publish or distribute pictures of people’s children like this, it’s not only invasive but dangerous to them.
- For your information: these pictures aren’t “official” or anything like those baby pics actors will sometimes take for magazines. They were taken by (undoubtedly well-meaning) fans when they visited the Sherlock set - they were taken without permission - there is no reason why you would want these pictures on your blog or other people’s blog, no matter how cute or adorable they are.
Please spread the word. Please reblog this post, please send politely worded messages people who don’t know about these pictures. If the pictures can reach 2000 bloggers, why not the message that they shouldn’t be around.